The objective of the foundation is broad:
Building bridges between local and international communities in The Hague.
Taking the location of the foundation into account it evolves its activities mainly on the communities associated with the International School of The Hague (Hereinafter: ISH) and surrounding areas.
The foundation seeks no profit and is run entirely by unpaid volunteers.
The foundation performs the following activities
- Providing a meeting place with a low threshold for all.
- We want to offer them a warm place in an unknown country.
- Providing space for activities of third parties. They pay an ‘activity-income-based rent’ for the use of the accommodation.
- All activities and events are listed in the Activities tab on the website.
- Providing social internships to students of the ISH
- Participate in the art route of Loosduinen
- Regularly offering a dinner to approximately 80 Senior Citizens from Loosduinen
- Offering space to the ISH for social events and exams.
We have transformed a disused football clubhouse into a multi-cultural and thriving community and activity centre. The Hungry Mind Clubhouse is located just behind the International School of The Hague in Loosduinen.
With the help of many volunteers, community service students and other enthusiasts, we are going from strength to strength.
The Hungry Mind is funded by friends, the revenue generated by Clubhouse catering services and the activities and events organised.
Thanks to our main sponsors Gamma Dekkershoek, T.T.S. and Albert Heijn Loosduinen, Brandmeester’s coffee, Jan Snel – flexible bouwen, the funding of Oranje Fonds, Fonds 1818, Stichting Boschuijsen, Gemeente Den Haag, De Haagsche Brug, Rabobank Stimuleringsfonds and Stichting Beach Resort Kijkduin, we have managed to continue to run the Clubhouse, renovate our kitchen, create a ‘ballet room’ and do-up a donated portacabine (Jan Snel) into a new activity space of 72 m2.
We continue to find new ways to make use of the Clubhouse to bring ‘internationally minded’ people together