We’re Looking for a New Treasurer to Join the Team
The End of an Era
We are very sad to be saying farewell to Gwyneth van Rooyen, after 8 years as The Hungry Mind’s treasurer.
Gwyneth joined the team in 2013 having worked for chartered accountancy firms in South Africa before running her own accountancy business and moving to The Netherlands.
We are very sad to see her go but she’ll still be a big part of the community and we hope to see her in the clubhouse all the time.
It means we are looking for someone to join the team as our new treasurer..
As you probably already know, The Hungry Mind is an independent community centre, run entirely by volunteers, offering a cosy clubhouse and café and a wide range of activities and classes for adults and children. Although The Hungry Mind is not part of the International School of the Hague, it is very much at the heart of the ISH community. We are looking for someone to fill the position of treasurer. As treasurer you will be a board member and part of a wider management team.
As a registered Stichting we are required by law to keep transparent financial records, so as treasurer you are expected to undertake all financial duties, including:
- helping to develop financial policies and procedures
- overseeing the financial affairs of the organisation to ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- ensuring proper records are kept
- implementing and maintaining accounting software and updating price information on our till system
- monitoring, interpreting, and reporting on the financial health of the foundation at monthly board meetings
- producing necessary financial reports, accounts, and audits
- appraising the financial viability of plans and proposals
You must be a community-minded person who is available to attend monthly management team meetings and occasionally attend events. You will also…
- have some knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
- have good analytical skills
- be able to communicate clearly
- be able to speak English fluently
- be able to read and speak some Dutch
The position will start from 1st January 2022. If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com to tell us a bit about yourself and why you think you would be good for the role.